Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Think I'll Cry

Can't look at him these days without a wrenching pain searing through my body. Its like the novacaine has finally worn off and you're left with this ache that nothing can ease except it's in my heart and I can't stop it because its real and its not going to go away. no matter what anyone says. It makes my eyes burn and my throat constrict until I can't breathe. It's a paralizing pain that won't let me do anything else but sit and watch him. I can't take my eyes off of him. I ache and ache. Our lives will never be the same, forever changed by this pain. Why have these new eyes? Why does the Lord ask this of us? My answers come in the Bible. The suffering that must take place now will be rewarded double when this is over. For Aidan it may be an afterlife in the Celestial Kingdom with our Heavenly Father. For me it will be the gift of his healing and long life.

No comments: